Thursday 3 April 2008

Web Applications and System Accounts

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post but I've been flat out fixing some SharePoint issues. I will add a post about it in a few days (it's a huge issue involving performance).

Anyway, I'm building a new farm for a client. It's a pretty large farm involving 6 servers (not including the DB). One thing I recommended was to have a different system account for each application they install on the farm. The main reason for this is to limit problems like accounts being locked or passwords being changed etc. This way, if a system account becomes locked, only the application using that system will stop functioning (instead of the entire farm). Now there's a bit more maintenance involved, however in the long run it's worth the work.

Fadi

No comments: